|FPS with 0.20g BB||300||350||400||425||450||475||500||525||550|
|0.20g||10 FT||10 FT||15 FT||25 FT||30 FT||35 FT||40 FT||40 FT||45 FT|
|0.23g||10 FT||10 FT||20 FT||25 FT||35 FT||40 FT||45 FT||45 FT||50 FT|
|0.25g||10 FT||10 FT||20 FT||30 FT||35 FT||45 FT||45 FT||50 FT||55 FT|
|0.28g||10 FT||10 FT||25 FT||30 FT||40 FT||45 FT||50 FT||55 FT||60 FT|
|0.29g||10 FT||10 FT||25 FT||35 FT||40 FT||50 FT||55 FT||60 FT||65 ft|
|0.30g||10 FT||10 FT||25 FT||35 FT||45 FT||50 FT||55 FT||60 FT||65 FT|
|0.36g||10 FT||10 FT||30 FT||40 FT||50 FT||60 FT||65 FT||70 FT||80 FT|
|0.43g||10 FT||15 FT||35 FT||45 FT||60 FT||70 FT||75 FT||85 FT||90 FT|
TO READ: Find the column with your listed FPS, and the row with the weight of BB you will be shooting. The intersection is your Minimum Engagement Distance. Check your range between various objects to get a feel for how far away your opponent needs to be before you can shoot them. Remember that you can only ''Bang!'' somebody from inside 10 feet. If they are past that, but inside your MED, don't take the shot! This is why snipers absolutely MUST have a functioning sidearm.
CLUB RULES (CANNOT BE OVERRIDDEN BY GAMETYPES):
Required safety equipment:
- All members must wear the following equipment at ALL TIMES while not in the staging area.
- ANSI-spec Z87.1-2003 (or higher) eye protection
- Long pants
- Closed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops) - combat boots with ankle support recommended
In the event of a medical emergency, an officer will sound the airhorn in three long bursts. If this EVER occurs on field, ALL participants are to IMMEDIATELY return to the staging area with weapons on SAFE with NO MAGAZINES IN THEM. Medics and officers will then get together and take care of the emergency.
Conduct on field:
- NO PHYSICAL CONTACT IS ALLOWED AT THE GAME FOR ANY REASON.
- VERBAL ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN ANY FORM.
- GAME RULES (CAN BE OVERRIDDEN BY GAMETYPES/OFFICERS):
GAME RULES (Heavily Dependent on Game Type):
If a player is hit in the head or torso, the player is KIA and must immediately call ''OUT'' or ''DEAD'' or ''HIT'' and walk back to the staging area with their rifle above their head on safe. It is ILLEGAL to shoot a player that is KIA.
Due to the padding worn by players and the fact that airsoft BBs do not leave markings on clothing, players may sometimes be hit without noticing. In this case, the attacker should ALWAYS give the defender the benefit of the doubt. The authenticity of the hit(s) may be called into question after the round is over if someone other than the attacker or defender observed the firefight and gives testimony.
If you are KIA you must:
- Shout ''HIT'' LOUDLY!
- Signify that you are dead by holding your rifle on SAFE and/or your team bandanna above your head.
- Walk back to the staging area while holding rifle/bandanna above your head.
- Call out the location(s) of any player(s) still in the game.
- Talk to any player(s) still in the game.
- Fire your weapon(s).
- Take off your eye protection until in the staging area.
All participants are expected to play their in-game roles. As the games continue and the club progresses tactically as a whole, individuals may be assigned to squads/teams and given special ranks/roles, such as Squad Leader, Scout, Private, Staff Sgt., etc. Members are, again, expected to play these roles at all times during the game.
Likewise, any member that exhibits any conduct that is deemed detrimental to team sportsmanship will be referred to an officer for review.
- If a player violates any rules, they will be referred to an officer.
- Most violations will result in suspension from ONE round on first offense.
- Second offenses will often result in suspension from ONE game day.
- Third offenses will usually result in the member being referred to MSU Recreational Sports, Campus Police, the Dean of Students, and/or removal from the club. If removed from the club, the member will NOT receive ANY portion of their dues as a refund.